California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures
Last Updated: June 30, 2020
This California Consumer Privacy Act disclosure page ("Disclosure") supplements the comiXology Privacy Notice. The comiXology Privacy Notice describes the personal information that we collect, the sources from which we collect it, the purposes for which we use it, the limited circumstances under which we share personal information, and with whom we share it. These additional disclosures are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
1. Categories of personal information collected. The personal information that comiXology collects, or has collected from consumers in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
· identifiers such as your name, username, email address, or IP address;
· personal information, such as a credit card number;
· age, gender, or other protected classifications such as your age if you submit your age in connection with your purchase of a comic with an age rating;
· commercial information, such as purchase activity;
· Internet or other electronic network activity information, including content interaction information, such as content downloads;
· geolocation data, such as the location of your device if you agreed to provide this information so we can show you the location of nearby comic book stores;
· professional information, for example data you may provide about your business if you are a Submit content creator; and
· inference data, such as information about your purchase preferences.
2. Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose. The personal information that comiXology disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
· identifiers such as your name and email address, if we use a service provider to send marketing emails;
· personal information, such as a credit card number, for example if we use a third party payment processor;
· commercial information, such as the details of a product or service you purchased if a third party is assisting to provide that product or service to you; and
· internet or other electronic network activity information, such as if we use a service provider to help us gather crash reports for analyzing the health of our devices and services.
3. Right to Request Access to or Deletion of Personal Information: You may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act to request information about the collection of your personal information by comiXology, or access to or deletion of your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Iconology, Inc. (comiXology), 512 Seventh Avenue, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10018 (USA), and reference “Privacy” in the subject of any written communications.
4. No sale of personal information. In the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, comiXology has not sold any personal information of consumers, as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
5. No discrimination. ComiXology will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.